8th January, 2013
Finding LGBT films for GSA movie “nights” after school is proving hard.
Many LGBT films feature graphic-ish sex and/or nudity, so those are all out because this is a high school audience. I dance a very fine line with R rated films.
But even so many are rated R for language or just simply LGBT issues.
Right now, I have three that are PG-13:
- Philadelphia (our first film “night” is this)
- Too Wong Foo
Any other ideas?
- y02mustang reblogged this from iamtheproblem and added:
- y02mustang likes this
- iamtheproblem reblogged this from saravee and added:
- cpa-gsa reblogged this from girlwithalessonplan
- pelafina answered: Some people said But I’m a Cheerleader but I think that’s R. D.E.B.S. is pg-13, though.
- educationworld likes this
- brynnjaminfranklin answered: rent. defininetly rent.
- grayer reblogged this from girlwithalessonplan and added:
- sarahfeig answered: happy together!
- thelaughingwillow likes this
- iseethesilence likes this
- patatepoilpoulette likes this
- gjmueller answered: The Boys in the Band, Milk, But I’m a Cheerleader, Tomboy, The Laramie Project
- mooneystark likes this
- warriorluz reblogged this from girlwithalessonplan
- chrislanda answered: I suggest, Prayers for Bobby. It’s a good movie.
- xero13 likes this
- neurolingual likes this
- arnethabennett answered: Art paint
- suprafix likes this
- bitesizedbiology answered: How about the Laramie Project? I haven’t actually seen the film version, but the play is amazing. Also maybe Breakfast on Pluto?
- whatistrueforme reblogged this from girlwithalessonplan and added:
- mythoughts015 likes this
- lmoujahida likes this
- swalldrive said: Hedwig and The Angry Inch…maybe
- quatranglette likes this
- themouthypunk said: Documentary? Pic Up the Mic is on netflix, I believe. Is about trans* and gender nonconforming rap and hip hop artists. Some profanity, but…documentary, so? Rocco still travels and speaks/performs at schools, too. Was in IN last year. May return??
- grumpyandgorgeous answered: Water Lilies! The Celluloid Closet! Before Stonewall. Beautiful Thing. Tomboy.
- southern-gothic answered: The Hours is excellent. The Celluloid Closet and Small Town Gay Bar are great if you want documentaries. :)
- saravee reblogged this from iamlittlei
- notentirely answered: gsanetwork.org/resourc…
- platanosandprejudice said: In and Out is also a great one, Dorain Blues is alright, and I’ve never een/screened Big Eden but that’s PG-13 as well. Prayers for Bobby is great, but rather sad! When we screened it at my old GSA, everyone was upset at how depressing it was!
- percentile-perhaps answered: Another Country is a great film with a gay main character, and it’s rated PG. I really enjoyed it.
- platanosandprejudice answered: But I’m a Cheerleader and DEBS are great for high school GSAs, both PG-13.
- platanosandprejudice likes this
- qui-saltat-sobrius answered: Get Real? Fun little coming-of-age story. IMDB breaks down it’s R-rating. imdb.com/title/t…
- qui-saltat-sobrius likes this
- coloursinaflower answered: What about MILK?
- specialbunny answered: there are a lot of great documentatries out there. Maybe the Times of Harvey Milk? A netflix sweep will show some great LGBTQ docs.
- dorkstranger likes this
- saucylark likes this
- thelonestarteacher answered: I would suggest “Milk”, but I’m pretty sure it’s rated R. Plus, there’s a decent amount of violence in it.
- je-mappelle-catlady answered: Torch Song Trilogy, The Times of Harvey Milk, Broken Hearts Club, Longtime Companion, Big Eden, Red Doors, In & Out, or Maurice
- ihopeyougethitbyatruck reblogged this from positivelypersistentteach
- agentkikirogers answered: imagine me and you/
- classicsnerd1994 answered: PBS has a fun documentary on the Stonewall Riots.
- freshp0tato reblogged this from positivelypersistentteach
- freshp0tato likes this